We are currently running three sponsorship programs – all are to support horses in long-term care.
Our Golden Oldies are often with us for many years. The Track to Hack program helps ex-racehorses be rehabilitated and retrained for a new life and Pony Preschool cares for young horses and helps them right through to starting under saddle, if necessary.
Only a very small percentage of older horses or even younger unrideable horses ever get adopted – even if they are in good health. We are often criticised for taking on “older” horses but we don’t ever want to have to turn away these beautiful souls who just want to love and be loved like any other horse.
Our Track to Hack horses often come to us injured or broken down or perhaps they just weren’t successful. They may be ex-broodmares or have never even raced. One thing they all have in common is that they need to be rehabilitated and retrained before they can be adopted – and this usually takes at least 12 months.
The costs involved in keeping our Golden Oldies , Track to Hack and Preschool horses in absolute comfort whilst they are in care – warm rugs, full bellies and every possible treatment to keep them physically comfortable – are high. This puts a lot of strain on our funds and restricts us from taking in new horses in need. Becoming a sponsor offers you the chance to change the life of one of these horses.
Your sponsorship choices are:-
- Full sponsorship ($200/mth) – Cover the costs of everything your horse needs e.g. feed, farrier, worming, dental and maintenance
- Half Sponsorship ($100/mth) – Pitch in with others towards the costs of everything your horse needs
- Hay Sponsorship ($50/mth) – Cover the costs of hay for your horse
- Vet Sponsorship ($30/mth) – Cover the costs of basic veterinary maintenance for your horse i.e. dental and vaccinations
- Farrier Sponsorship ($20/mth) – Cover the costs of general farrier maintenance for your horse
- Maintenance sponsorship ($10/mth) – Cover the costs of general horse maintenance e.g. grooming and worming
Please know that you can login and adjust your sponsorship whenever you choose. If you have any queries regarding donating or recurring payments please contact us.
SAHA is a fully registered not for profit organisation (ABN 97 212 703 053). Donations over $2 are tax deductible.
Please note SAHA reserves the right to utilise and prioritise donated funds in whichever way it deems necessary.