One of the most wonderful things about horse rescue is saving a foal. Often these rescues are extremely time consuming, labour intensive and emotionally draining in a literal fight for survival. Sadly, we have found that once we have moved that foal on from sometimes what is a very traumatic start, they are difficult to rehome. It seems younger, unstarted and untried horses are not terribly popular in the adoption stakes.
This means that we will often have a foal in care from early days right up until they are ready to be started under saddle. These guys deserve the best possible chance at a forever home and being adopted as a riding horse is often the only option.
If you would like to support our younger horses get their best possible start in life and help them through Pony Preschool, please consider a sponsorship. From just $10 a month, you can help teach a youngster everything they need to know to be the best they can be.
How your sponsorship helps:-
- A Full Sponsorship pays for all the basic needs of your horse – feed, hay, farrier, basic vet care and grooming – $200/month;
- A Half Sponsorship contributes towards the basic needs of your horse – feed, hay, farrier, basic vet care and grooming – $100/month;
- A Hay Sponsorship pays for the costs of hay for your chosen horse – $50/month;
- A Vet Sponsorship pays for the cost of basic vet care i.e. dental care and vaccinations – $30/month;
- A Farrier Sponsorship pays for the cost of farrier maintenance for your horse – $20/month;
- A Maintenance Sponsorship pays for the costs of worming and grooming for your horse – $10/month.
Sponsorships remain in place until you make a change. You can login to your account and adjust the details of your sponsorship at any time. All donations are fully tax deductible.
Click on the photo of the young horse you’d like to sponsor: